Loving the view outside my window♥

Loving the view outside my window♥

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Want to Stay ♥

So as I was making my way home this evening the song by Sugarland called "Stay" came on the radio. As I listened to the lyrics I began to realize that the words she was singing are words that I'm sure my Heavenly Father whispers to me whenever I manage to steer off course....

Many times I find myself straying from the One who loves me more than anyone else, and somehow I forget that He is All I will ever need. How is it then, that I try to split myself between loving him and loving men and the things of this world? He has done nothing to deserve second place and everything to deserve first place fully and completely. There's a saying that says, "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him in order to find her." I, in my life, wish to get to that place.

The following is an edited version of the song from, I believe, God's perspective.

[God:] I've been sitting here staring at the clock on the wall...And I've been standing here watching, praying he won't call. It's just another call from him [just one more distraction from me], and you'll get it and be gone and I'll be crying. And I'll be begging you, Karyn, begging you not to leave, but I'll be left here waiting with my heart on my sleeve. Oh, for the next time we'll be here seems like a million years [though I'm the one who died for you]. What do I have to do to make you see that [he and all those other things that take my place] can't love you like me? Why don't you stay?
[Me:] I'm down on my knees--I'm so tired of being lonely,
[God:] don't I give you what you need? When [the things of this world call you to go, there is one thing you should know: [You] don't have to live this way, baby--why don't you stay? You keep telling me, baby there will come a time when you will leave [those things behind] and forever be mine. But [is that really] the truth? And I don't like being used and [though I'll wait forever, I am weary] It's [so] much pain to have to bear to love [someone] you have to share.
[Me:] I can't take it any longer [, this runabout I put You through]. My will is getting stronger, and I think I know just what I have to do. I can't waste another minute after all that [You've]  put in it. [You've] given [me your life, and all the best of you, why does [this world] get the best of [me]?
So next time [I want to leave your arms to make my own way, I'm gonna stay. I'm down on my knees. I'm so tired of being lonely, and you're the only one that can give me what I need. This world begs me not to go, but Lord, there's one thing you should know, I'm tired of living my life this way. I want to stay.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG1n1B0Ydw

No comments:

Post a Comment