Loving the view outside my window♥

Loving the view outside my window♥

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just Give it Away ♥

A matched pair, mother and daughter, walked into the playground one sunshiny day to the sound of a child's whimper nearby. The mother watched as her daughter ran to the little girl with the tears running down her face and eagerly handed her the doll in her hands saying, 

"This dolly always makes me smile, maybe it will do the same for you!"

With a grin the green-eyed girl turned around and bounded away towards the mother who was waiting with open arms. In all of the girl's infinite wisdom, she said brightly to her mother,

"I liked that doll, and we had lots of fun together, but I think maybe i need a new one. That little girl needed it lots more than me!"

Overwhelmed by the child's generosity, thoughtfulness, and maturity beyond her years, the mother smiled to herself and recorded the memory in her mind as a lesson to be learned.

  • How simple was it for the green-eyed beauty to let go of something that she cherished so dearly for the love of another? How thoughtless and pure were her loving actions that caused so much joy in so many lives? 
  • Rather than thinking, "what is right for me?", she thought (or rather didn't think, but just acted) unselfishly, "what is best for all?"

Food for thought....food for thought....♥

No comments:

Post a Comment